Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Innocent affirmations

Tonight was parent observation night at Mary Jane's dance class. As is often the case, we were pushing it up to the last minute to get there at 6 pm, so I dropped MJ and Maaike of at the front door and then parked and came in with Rebekah. By the time I walked into the dance studio the instructor, Ms. Karis, had already started her check-in with the girls. As I walked in I heard the following exchange...as did all the other parents:
Mary Jane: "I have a home stay daddy!"
Ms. Karis: "You do!?!"
MJ: "Uh-huh."
Ms. Karis: "What do you think of having a home stay daddy?"
MJ: "I love being at home with my daddy."

And this at the end of three pretty challenging days with me and MJ going head to head several times each day. There really is nothing like the love of a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment